Eventbrite is the world's largest self-service ticketing platform. We build the technology to allow anyone to create, share, find and attend new things to do that fuel their passions and enrich their lives. Music festivals, marathons, conferences, hackathons, air guitar contests, political rallies, fundraisers, gaming competitions — you name it, we power it. Our mission? To bring the world together through live experiences.
What you’ll be doing
As General Manager for Germany you will be responsible for driving all commercial activity across the territory. You will oversee and contribute to both the the Sales and Account Management Departments, ultimately tasked with growing ticket sales and revenues with our existing and new clients based on targets.
Responsibilities will be generally split as follows:- 50% commercial activities (a personal new business target is included in this role), 30% recruitment, development & coaching employees, 20% reporting / admin / internal meetings
The successful candidate will represent the German commercial department at Group level, report directly to the CRO and European management team. The Head of Sales and Head of Account Management will report directly into yourself.
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day running of the German business
- Be seen as the ticketing expert / figurehead for our German business
- Assist the commercial director in developing and executing strategic plan for territory
- Drive all commercial activity within the Sales and Account Management departments
- Increase revenues with existing and new clients based on targets
- Represent the German commercial department at Group level
- Manage the operational systems, processes and policies
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis including P+L management
- Attend major client meetings
- Lead and support recruitment, career development, training and succession planning
- Represent business at relevant industry events and conferences
An experienced and driven commercial professional with a proven track record at a senior level in commercial management or business development, ideally within the ticketing, events, new media, or technology-led industries.
- At least 5 years senior management experience in a commercial environment
- Ticketing, events, new media, technology-led experience is a significant advantage
- Experience of driving kpi’s and exceeding revenue targets
The skill set
- Dynamic leadership, management and team building skills
- Strategic thinker with excellent communication and written skills
- Organised, proactive and a problem solver
- Natural networker with ability to influence and offer professional insight
- A confident, professional and positive approach
- Excellent presentation skills
- Motivated, competitive and driven
What we offer
- A competitive salary within an international and growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your international career. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Berlin who are passionate about what we do.
- Uncapped bonus structure
- Laptop and mobile phone for professional use
Perks to sweeten the deal
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
Job type: Full-time (40 hrs)
Job location(s): Berlin, Germany