What you’ll be doing
As product owner you will be responsible for sculpting new online and mobile products. You will be responsible for our product portfolio acting as the visionair, expert, consultant and planner. These products have to be aimed at supporting our service and help our customers to sell more tickets in a forward-thinking way. You are up to date with market analysis to get a sense of what’s popular with consumers. You have a sense of how trends will change, so that products can be designed with these changes in mind.
You will work with a team of designers and developers to implement new business initiatives. The team will constantly find (and test) improvements with high commercial impact.
As you will need to work with both technical and commercial teams you have to be able to adapt your vocabulary and explain different points-of-views depending on the situation. You should be a strong communicator as you have to be able to present and defend your point of view to different audiences, besides that you need to be a good and objective listener so you can take all points of view into consideration when determining the future route of your products.
- Create product requirement documents that define the requirements, analysis of target markets and the consumer experience based on consumer and business needs assessments
- Work closely with several departments within the company
- Take ownership, prioritizes and briefs projects of varying length and complexity;
- Research and specify new features and enhancements to existing features
- Gather information from all stakeholders
- Understand customer needs and helps to define and improve the user experience of our products
- Analyse market opportunities and competitors
- Work with marketing teams to define appropriate communications of product changes and launches to customers
- Working with reporting/planning/BI teams to understand performance against objectives, identify corrective actions and opportunities for improvement, and manage with senior stakeholders
- Take ownership of product plans for both short and long term;
- Own and prioritize the team’s roadmap and drives delivery of the development team using Scrum
Are you a Product Owner with both business and technical skills? Can you see the big-picture without losing track of details? Then we are looking for you! Our future product owner has a positive attitude, thinks in solutions rather than problems and is always aiming for the best result.
- Bachelor of Masters degree
- A minimum of 3-5 years of agile product management experience, preferably with an online, e-commerce or technology company
- Experience with agile delivery principles
- Experience with LEAN principles
- Experience in working closely with a development team
- Experience with working with large, high-traffic websites (more than 50K visitors per day), preferably e-commerce sites
- Fluent in English (verbal and written) is a must
- Fluent in Dutch (verbal and written) is a big plus
Skills and competences
- Strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills, highly articulate and an ability to influence
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Very methodical approach in structuring his / her work
- A technical (online) background is an advantage
- And last but not least: flexible, smart and very enthusiastic!
A competitive salary within an international and growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your international career. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Amsterdam.
Perks to sweeten the deal
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
- Our infamous Christmas which takes place in one of the cities we resident in. All employees will celebrate the end of a successful year together in either Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin or London.
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands