Founded in 2006 we’re now Europe’s market leader in digital self-service ticketing with offices in Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Antwerp, and Barcelona with more than 150 employees. It’s our mission to help event organizers get the most from their online ticketing and yes, you’ve guessed it, sell more tickets. Our services are used by over 125,000 events, selling over 20m tickets across Europe for festivals, exhibitions, air shows, fairs, sports events and more. As a result we work with a wide range of renowned event organizers, both internationally and locally. These include Art of Dance (NL), Dutch Design Week (NL), Brighton Pride (UK), Tesco Wine Fair (UK), Waterstones (UK), Love Family Park (DE), Groezrock (BE) and Affordable Art Fair (INT).
What you’ll be doing
You will be working on our next-generation data platform, consisting out of a Hadoop / Spark / Hbase. On this platform (among other projects) you will develop new ETL processes which allow us to efficiently store large amounts of user data, look for methods to further enrich our dataset and work on developing our big data infrastructure.
- Translate high level designs to specific technical designs;
- Establish and configure (Big) data solutions;
- Connect and integrate with new and existing datasets;
- Software development with Scala within Big Data platforms and (web) applications;
- Testing and supporting current data solutions.
We are looking for a result-driven, responsible and positive minded addition to our team of awesome techies!
- Extensive knowledge of web applications, web technologies and web standards;
- Extensive knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem, including Spark and others;
- Software developer with knowledge of Object Oriented Programming;
- Experienced Hadoop / Spark developer;
Skills and competences
- Experience in multiple programming languages, like Scala or Python
- Experience with Linux/Unix and shell scripting is required;
- Familiar with multiple platforms like: Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, ElasticSearch, MapReduce, Drill, Zeppelin, Spark;
- Programming languages: Java/Scala/PythonHadoop, Hbase, Elasticsearch, etc.
- SQL, REST API’s/ JSON
- Linux and Bash scripting
- Spark, Kafka, Storm
- Agile software development
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work on a platform used by millions of users all over the globe. Our (international) team of technical experts always pushes the limits of technical capabilities to service our clients and ticket buyers with the best experience in online ticketing. You will have all the opportunities to deepen and expand your skills.
Ticketscript is a fast-growing technology company and even though we are not a start-up anymore, that same energy flows throughout the entire organisation. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Amsterdam.
Perks to sweeten the deal
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
- Our infamous Christmas party which takes place in one of the cities we reside in. All employees will celebrate the end of a successful year together in either Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin or London.
Job type: Full-time
Job location(s): Amsterdam, The Netherlands