About the Company
We are ticketscript - the European market leaders in digital self-ticketing, ranked #34 in the Deloitte 2014 UK Technology Fast 50. Whether it’s massive dance events, festivals, gigs, outdoor cinemas, fairs, theatre shows, exhibitions, comedy nights, or award ceremonies - we do them all! We believe in empowering our customers. Their success is our success. So far over 80,000 events have worked with us, including brands such as MTV, Tesco Wine Fair and Ministry of Sound - and this is only the beginning. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin and Barcelona and are rapidly expanding across Europe.
We need someone to help us build a strong testing strategy and help improve current methods. You would play a vital role within the development team, working together to deliver strong products. You would also be responsible for completing our test coverage and automating test execution wherever possible whilst doing manual testing where necessary.
- Establishing in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishing quality and reliability standards by studying product/market requirements with other members of product and engineering management teams.
- Establishing standards for the quality of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establishing rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establishing product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintaining quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintaining quality assurance staff job results by coaching, counseling, and managing employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintaining product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and requirements; collaborating with other cross functional team members to develop new product and engineering designs and manufacturing and training methods.
- Preparing product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completing quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
You are a passionate, inventive tester and test engineer who believes in perfection. A person who wants to be in the middle of the action, to really make a difference. Someone who thrives on exploratory and automated testing in an agile environment, working with smart and highly skilled developers who take quality seriously. You should have programming experience and understand the challenges that developers face. You should also be comfortable with working in a flexible way and have the ability to adapt to project fluctuations.
- Proficiency with Selenium, Jasmine, Cucumber or similar test tools and frameworks;
- Ability to translate exploratory and manual testing into automated tests
- Solid understanding of web technologies and applications
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Experience in programming
- Understanding of development and ability to work well with developers
- Strong eye for detail and ability to communicate issues well
- Willingness to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Experience with debugging and performance analysis / optimization is an advantage;
- Experience with benchmarking and load testing high volume websites is an advantage;
Skills and competences
People Management, Analyzing Information , Reporting Research Results, Technical Understanding, Promoting Process Improvement, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Dealing with Complexity, Problem Solving, Process Improvement
- A competitive salary within an international and growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your international career. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Amsterdam who are passionate about what we do.
- Laptop and mobile phone for professional use
And that’s not all. Extra benefits include:
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
- Our infamous Christmas which takes place in one of the cities we resident in. All employees will celebrate the end of a successful year together in either Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin or London.
Job type: Full-time (40 hrs)
Job location(s): Amsterdam, The Netherlands